Monday, May 2, 2011

Reflections, Part III

Reflections, Part III 

The Germans say, "Alle guten Dinge sind drei", which roughly translates as "Three's a charm". Since I've gotten positive feedback on my reflection series, here's a third part for you before I move on with more architecture photos.
The third piano piece in Debussy's "Images" is called "Poissons d'or" and provides the listener with the impression of goldfish (like the koi above) darting through a pool (like this one in the Wilhelma Zoo here in Stuttgart). The reflection of the lines from the glass roof emphasize the message that these fish are indeed captive - yet have a captive audience!

In this atypical image of a Ford with automatic transmission parked in front of a corrugated aluminum house with iron bars on the windows, only the tiled roof seems to belong in Germany where the picture was taken.


Alanis Morissette might have sung, "Isn't it ironic that one-of-a-kind people are the ones you'd want to clone." Well my friend Jim is one of them. He and I went to a wonderful photo exhibit by Rupert Leser in the Haus der Geschichte in January and then went for a walk past the Staatsgalerie because it was such a nice day. The world famous architecture of that building (first brought to my attention by my step-brother Ken, both an architect and an outstanding artist) provides the reflection collector (my Sony Alpha 700 and Minolta 28mm lens in this case) with a series of growing - or, if you read right to left, declining - figures.


The florescent lights inside the museum provided the sun rays or crown (cloud?) of thorns (take your pick) in this pic.


This may be my choice of picture to hang over my sofa in a large format. I like the minimalistic, washed out, desert-like look to downtown Stuttgart in this picture. Now if I only had room on my walls!

1 comment:

  1. Once again WOW! Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Currently bogged down with menial stuff here - hopefully moving house - to a REAL HOME where I can settle for a few years......and still taking care of VISA issues. But it is good to know there is a world out there beyond the menial stuff - and that you are seeing it for me and sharing it with me!

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hope to be right there with you again soon!

    Hello to everyone! Love, Christine

    ReplyDelete